13 March 2008

Am I boring now?

Well actually it takes me a lot of patience to get used to actually having a job.
I can handle the getting up at 7.30 am or the 20 minutes later when I decide to snooze.
I can handle the getting to work with all the other people (actually I meet a lot of old friends coming back from work cycling across the campus)
But I can't handle the... I am having a great evening, finally some me time... finally being all by myself (don't you start the song now :)) and tomorrow it's 7.30 again.
I have a hard time getting used to the freedom of the evening and the obligatory schedule of the day. I feel trapped. I know rationally that this is the way things are about to happen. One should have a job...(something about sharing the burden of having a job I guess) otherwise you're not suited for society. On the other hand I feel i am not suited for my friends anymore, who do not have jobs.
As I guess I started... it takes me a lot of patience.....
A lot of patience....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Jorien, nobody said you have to stay in this job... if it is boring start looking for another, and as to your friends, having a job happens to be the rule in this country, whether frying hamburgers, emptying trashcans, selling stamps (to name a few which I would find boring) or interacting with people, formulating new opportunities and winning contracts.
Walk on the bright side of life!

(not your) daddy

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home