19 May 2006

Exams

This is about people and knowing each other. It was taken from 2 phone calls to the same person.
First I was in a store picking out a stove/oven combination. Was wondering if a seperate stove and a microwave/oven combination would be just as handy, so I called a friend of mine asking how his micro/oven combi was working. He was very enthusiastic: It is great, you can use both at the same time, so your pizza will get warm on the inside as well as on the outside. And how much was it? Well about 1200 euro's.... I should have realized earlier on that this was definitely not the person to call asking for advice about kitchen things. Because he doesn't cook..... He uses microwaves... But kitchens are for other people. I should have known this.
Later on, different phone call, I said: but you of all people knows me.... And then his mindboggling answer came: No.. knowing you is like taking a course which you just do not get. You practise on old exams just as long till you know enough answer not to completely fail. But I still do not get the course. Well that was an eye opener for me... So no one ever gets you.
But on the other hand. I do feel sometimes, I even fail my own exams.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home