09 April 2007

Feel good

Today was feel good day. (well, after my hangover disappeared at 6 p.m.)
I had finally talked one of my neighbors into having dinner with me. My boyfriend is out of town, and I do not like cooking for me alone. I cooked actually pretty good food. It was really easy but good. Afterwards we went for a walk towards the Easter Fires. It a tradition in the part of The Netherlands where I live, to lite huge fires on the first day of Easter to get rid of the bad spirits.
It reminded me of when I was little. And it was like nothing had changed. I am still really intrigued by this huge pile of wood, burning. And the sensation of standing so close to the fire and getting your face all warm and glowing.
Back at home I baked a cake for tomorrow, to eat with my family. It was a welsh something something cake. I took the recipe from a book about spices, so I actually put a lot of spices and flavors in it. And Oh-My-God. This was the best cake ever.....
I decided to make some chocolate milk to go with it. Made with real dark chocolate, milk, cinnamon and a little bit of sugar. Well that must have been the culinary high point of the evening. Wow this taste is so intense and full. It just makes you all slow and happy and extremely satisfied.
I think I will take my slow, happy and satisfied me to bed now... mmmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home