11 May 2007

Fighting with the elderly

Yesterday doing groceries did not go as usual. I could not persuade my neighbours into coming with me (one didn't need anything, the other wasn't dressed yet... don't ask)
so I went alone. While riding my bike someone almost drove me of the road. A car came heading straight for me cutting a corner and making me stand in the grass while he hit the curves. I was a little shaky but well. I continued.
In the store there was an elderly man, who I had already nodded at friendly at one time. Next time I was in his way, so I stepped back so he could pass. I looked at him again. Then he looked at me and said: Wanna fight. And did not smile or anything. So I thought he meant it. Somehow it scared me, and I continued doing groceries way faster then normal thereby forgetting all my stuff. But that old guy really scared me.
Outside a mentally challenged person flirted with me, but that was not weird. That happens all the time...
So my neighbour decided I should go by myself more often... "at least that way you come back with stories" or the less flattering: "These things always happen to you you know, normal people just don't have these kind of encounters."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old are these elderly persons Jorien? Just want to check if I have to start checking myself for similar actions and if I do show some, whetherI find it normal or weird. How is that for your engineering uncle, rather philosophicalk isn't it?
Greetings from Ouagadougou, check your map for the right location;
Rob

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home