28 May 2007

Geocaching and bats

Today we did a geo chaching walk. It was great fun. You take a gps device and download a walk wherever you want from geocaching.com and just walk. At the end, you get to a cache which is buried. You dig it up and trade one of the things which are inside for something you've brought. It's just a children's treasure hunt for grownups.
A great thing about it was we walked the forest in which I always walk but this time, something else was planning the route. Therefore you walk paths you have never walked before.. (since humans are animals of habit :)) It made it great fun and a beautiful walk.
My other encounter with nature was something my dad was very thrilled about.
I have about 65 bats in a hole in my wall. At first I was a little afraid, but we found a website on which they explained there was nothing to be afraid of. They are harmless.
They said if you were scared at first, just start counting them. I did and I found 65. Today I did it again, because somehow I got attached... :)
There were only 35... strange.... we thought they were playing poker or maybe had a hangover or something. Or there had been a mayor bat massacre in the forest last time they flew. So the web site was right. I truly care about my bats now :) All 35 (or 65) of them :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home