23 May 2007

Discovery Channel

The last couple of days I felt like I was present at a Discovery Channel program.
Something like mega machines or huge constructions or something.
We were building a bridge across a road for a festival. It ruled!
Worked there for 3 days, kinda primitive (one dixie, slept on the floor) but somehow the vibe was there :)
It is really great to see a huge ass crane lifting first its own contra weight and then the separated parts of the bridge way up in the air. And it's the coolest thing to see it fits together perfectly. I think the mechanical engineer inside me was pretty pleased. A little sore and a little tired, but pretty pleased. A big thank you for all the people involved because I think I liked all of you :)
I'll try to post some pictures we took during the event later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home